Topics

NGC 300

This is an image of NGC 300. It is a spiral galaxy about 6 million light years away in the constellation Sculptor. It is one of the closest galaxies to the Local Group and lies between the Local Group and the Sculptor galaxy. It is thought to be gravitationally bound to NGC 55. At about 94,000 light years in diameter, it is slightly smaller than the Milky Way.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC300.htm

Great resolution and nice addition of Ha.  Thanks for sharing it.

On 8/19/2019 6:59 PM, Bernard Miller wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of NGC 300. It is a spiral galaxy about 6 million light years away in the constellation Sculptor. It is one of the closest galaxies to the Local Group and lies between the Local Group and the Sculptor galaxy. It is thought to be gravitationally bound to NGC 55. At about 94,000 light years in diameter, it is slightly smaller than the Milky Way.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC300.htm

Looks like M33.  Thanks for sending, as I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it with my eye.