Topics

NGC 7424

This is an image of NGC 7424. It is a barred, grand design spiral galaxy about 37 million light years away in the constellation Grus. It is about 100,000 light years in diameter, making it about the same sixe as the Milky Way galaxy. The reddish central core indicates presence of older stars, while the blue spiral arms indicate ionized hydrogen and clusters of younger stars.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

httP://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC7424.htm

Hi Bernard
That really is a “galaxy of a different color”.   I don’t recall many other spirals with such distinctly blue arms.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,