From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Elmore
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:17 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Comet c2021 A1 Leonard

Comet C/2021 A1 Leonard will cruise between the Whale (NGC 4631) and Crowbar (NGC 4656) Galaxies the morning of 24 November.  The tail might split them on 25 November (Thanksgiving morning).  This looks like a perfect field for about a 1m focal length telescope.  The comet will be well up in the sky for two to three hours.  However, the waning gibbous moon may be an issue.