Re: Antennae Redux

Gregg Ruppel

Kind of odd that I posted my rehashed image the same day you scored an APOD!

On Mar 27, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@cox.net> wrote:

´╗┐Gregg,

I am glad I got my version in before yours or today's APOD might have been yours. Great job.

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io On Behalf Of Gregg Ruppel
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 9:11 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Antennae Redux

Hi all:
The recent spate of clouds and the waxing moon prompted me to go back and reprocess some data from 5 years ago. NGC 4038 and 4039, also Arp
244 or the "Antennae Galaxies" deserved a second look since some new software and processing techniques have become available since the original data was collected:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4038_4039-LRGB_2021.jpg

LRGB, 10.7 hours total exposure.