Re: Sharpless 274

Dan Crowson

Thanks for looking.

I’d be interested in how well the Orion (UK) works out. I’ve thought about one of those more than once. I’ve seen a few of those come up on the secondary market a couple times.

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of William McLaughlin
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 8:22 AM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Sharpless 274

Looks very nice. I am gathering data on that as well and your image is a reminder that we really need more focal length.  On that subject and relevant to our PM discussion of scopes, we were unable to get the CFF scope due to  international and logistical issues and decided that the Orion UK scope was of "somewhat variable quality". We plan to get another 10 inch iDK instead for late summer or fall installation. More expensive but a known quantity since I have one at home..