M 78 and NGC 2017

MJ Post

It seems everyone is processing data from our period of clear skies and minimal moon at DSNM.  Here's another just-completed project from our observatory - the LRO (LoBo Robotic Observatory, LoBo being both the New Mexico mascot and short for Longmont/Boulder).  Same setup - CDK14 scope, ASI 6200MM camera, one hour each R, G, and B filters.

NGC 2071 is the upper reflection nebula and the red glow at the top is the southern-most portion of Barnard's loop.  This is one of my favorite targets, and a pleasure to observe from our dark-sky community!

M.J. Post