Re: NGC 1893 and visitor

Great job and great image. This one is an definite APOD candidate. I imaged it yesterday, but in Ha.

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io On Behalf Of Gregg Ruppel
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 11:58 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] NGC 1893 and visitor

Hi all:

I started collecting data on NGC 1893 (also IC 410 and Sh2-236), the open cluster and complex emission nebula in Auriga a few weeks back. Then a few days ago I noticed that comet c2020 M3 ATLAS would be passing through the field on 12/8.

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1893-HaLRGB_M3ATLAS.jpg

Here's the field before the comet arrived:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1893-HaLRGB.jpg

HaLRGB, 30.8 hours exposure for the cluster/nebula with an additional 40 minutes for the comet. Captured with CCD Commander from Dark Sky New Mexico.