Re: NGC 1893 and visitor

MJ Post

Excellent rendition, Gregg. I can't help but thinking "two tadpoles swimming into the ear of the skeleton, now with a comet through the skull." Poor guy! But glad you captured the event and shared it. MJ

On 12/09/2020 11:58 AM Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all:

I started collecting data on NGC 1893 (also IC 410 and Sh2-236), the
open cluster and complex emission nebula in Auriga a few weeks back.
Then a few days ago I noticed that comet c2020 M3 ATLAS would be passing
through the field on 12/8.

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1893-HaLRGB_M3ATLAS.jpg

Here's the field before the comet arrived:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1893-HaLRGB.jpg

HaLRGB, 30.8 hours exposure for the cluster/nebula with an additional 40
minutes for the comet.  Captured with CCD Commander from Dark Sky New
Mexico.