Re: M15

Gregg Ruppel

Colors look good to me.  Thanks for sharing.

On Oct 14, 2020, at 12:50 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This image was three years and a comedy of errors in the making. It is an image of globular cluster M15. It is a globular cluster about 33,000 light years away in the constellation Pegasus. It is estimated to be about 12 billion years old, making it one of the oldest known globular clusters.

I took the original subs in 2017 using the Apogee CG16M I had at the time. Fast forward three years and I noticed I never finished it so I got the remaining frames. Unfortunately, I set the green frames at 500 seconds instead of 300 seconds like all the others. So, the outcome is an image taken with two different cameras and two different exposure times. I am not sure if it was worth all the drama but I think it turned out pretty good.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M15.htm