Re: SH2-132 - The Lion Nebula in SHO narrowband with RGB stars

Gregg Ruppel

Excellent processing...there’s a lot of OIII in this field.  Thanks for sharing.

On Oct 10, 2020, at 12:34 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of SH2-132, also known as the Lion Nebula. This version should probably be called the Lion Head Nebula since that is all that is in the FOV. I would need a mosaic to get the entire nebula. It is an emission nebula about 10,000 light years away in the constellation Cepheus. There is a prominent dark nebula along the left side of the image as well as some Bok Globules near the center top of the image. This image was captured with 3nm narrowband filters (Ha, SII, OIII) and processed with the SHO palette with RGB stars.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/SH132_NB.htm