Re: Internet issues

Howard Anderson

Hi all,

I worked with Bernard briefly this morning around11 AM when he called.

I suggested that he use his cell phone as a "hot spot" and connect
his computer to that instead of his COX cable.

He did that and reported that that solved the problem!
So I told him he now had proof that it was a COX problem.

He called me back a little later and reported that when he
disconnected from his hot-spot and reconnected
to his COX cable that the COX problem was solved!

So I mention this mainly to provide you with a way to test if you
should ever have a similar problem.

Bernard is now able to work as he used to...

And yes...  This was really weird...

Thanks,

Howard

On 8/20/2020 18:53, Bernard Miller wrote:

Hi,

I could use some help from the group. I have a real head scratcher going on.

  1. I cannot access my video controller or my power controller remotely.
    1. I have tried 4 different computers on two different networks with no luck.
  2. Though I cannot access these devices, others can. Howard and Jim Collins were able to access my video feed. Can each of you try accessing 206.128.69.5:4301 and let me know if you can see my video feed.
  3. I cannot Remote Desktop to my computer, but I can TeamViewer into it.
    1. Once I am connected to the DSNM computer via TeamViewer, I can then access my video and power controllers.
  4. I have tried restarting my computer and restarting the router. Neither worked.

If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them. This is just weird beyond words, especially the fact I have tried on four different computers on two different networks and yet others can access my video controller.