Re: M20 - The Trifid Nebula in LRGB and narrowband

Brian Ottum

You captured that little “spike” on the end of the dark pillar which contains a protostar.  Bravo!

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bernard Miller
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:04 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] M20 - The Trifid Nebula in LRGB and narrowband

Hi,

This is an image of M20, also known as the Trifid Nebula. It is a combination of an open cluster, an emission nebula, reflection nebula, and dark nebula. It is located about 4,100 light years away in the constellation Sagittarius. I have posted both and LRGB and an SHO narrowband version. I think this gives a nice contrast to the difference between LRGB and narrowband images.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://azstarman.net/CDK/M20.htm

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M20_SHO.htm