Re: Sky camera

William McLaughlin

Edited

Well, you do get what you pay for, IMHO. Below is a video from the other night from my SBIG.  It is only 640 x 480, of course but high res is not required. It is sensitive to faint clouds as you can see later in the night. Plus it has been running for well over a decade with zero issues...

Sorry about the dome crud - I need to do my spring cleaning on the dome - not used much in winter here since it is mostly cloudy in the winter in the Pac NW.

As an aside, note the  Lyrids I picked up early in the night

I also do not understand why we need multiple cameras. Every other remote site I know of has a single high quality All-Sky available to everyone on the remote site's own web-page or server.

Take Care