I have a friend of mine that is working on an all sky camera. I have the first prototype at my observatory. He is working on a better one with a better lense that will give 180 degrees of sky. I hope to have it to bring out to DSNM when hey will let me travel back out to the site. I have an all sky camera working right now but it is not web accessable. It is on my SkyAlert computer. I am not a software guy. I am a retired RF engineer. Hopefully this second round of the all sky will work great and he will start building them. I don't know the price yet but it should not be er $500. It should be web accessible.

Dean
DSNM

On Apr 17, 2020, at 5:05 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Bill,

At 2.5K, I will pass. I just want to see if there are clouds, not image the sky. I can’t believe you can’t make a decent sky camera for around 500.00.

Bernard

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io On Behalf Of William McLaughlin
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 7:00 AM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Sky camera

New camera sounds great. I do have to say that I have had the SBIG All-Sky 340 for about 10 years at home in my dark sky site. Alan put a red Wratten filter on it before they sent it to me and I can't imagine anything better. It is the monochrome, of course (color versions of any all-sky suck) and it is sensitive enough that I can see shifting patterns of skyglow on it.