Re: NGC 3324 - The Gabriela Mistral Nebula

Gregg Ruppel

Great data and great processing.  Thanks for sharing it.

On 3/27/2020 2:39 PM, Bernard Miller wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of NGC 3324, also known as the Gabriela Mistral Nebula due to its resemblance of the Chilean poet (I have to admit, I’m not seeing it). NGC 3324 is actually the open cluster outside the FOV of this image. The nebula is actually IC 2599. The two are close together and often confused as a single object. It is about 7,500 light years away in the constellation Carina.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://azstarman.net/CDK/NGC3324.htm