Re: Power Outage at DSNM 2020-03-21 ~10 PM

Dan Crowson

Howard,

Yes… I found that map first but it didn’t show anything near Animas. I then remembered that DSNM is off the COOP and not the other company. Sure enough, about 99% of Hidalgo in NM and Cochise in AZ were out of power. I’m guessing something big went down.

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Anderson
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 12:57 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Power Outage at DSNM 2020-03-21 ~10 PM

Hi Dan,

Yes.  Outage occurred at about 8:30 PM local Arizona time.

I sent a note to Michael and Vince last night.

Received no reply but I noticed power was back
up this morning.  I was pretty sure it was a power
problem because I could not ping 206.128.69.5.

It could of course have been the router or Valley
telecom but I knew it was power this morning when
I saw that my computer had rebooted.

I knew about this:

But it didn't show anything.  I have copied the URL of

the map you found and added it to my arsenal of
analytical stuff.  :-)  Thanks for providing that link!

Thanks,

Howard

On 3/21/2020 22:58, Dan Crowson wrote:

Resolved