Re: [AZ-Observing] Re: Moon Occultation of Mars

Bernard Miller

Way to go Howard. Nice catch.

Bernard

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io On Behalf Of Howard Anderson
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:50 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] [AZ-Observing] Re: Moon Occultation of Mars

Hi all,

Attached is a small version of the best I could do this morning
using remote controlled scope at my observatory.

I really wanted to get the thing at the exact time of eclipse and
had everything set up to take series of 1 second images.  This
is one of them.  I plan to post a larger image on my
website, astroshow.com...

Unfortunately, the FocusMax system decided to refocus
at the critical times!  It was set to do it every hour but
I thought the refocus start time would be in sync with
my "take an image time."  Looks like it was in sync with
something else so it ran exactly when I didn't want it
to!  And the two events were about one hour apart!

Next time I'll get it right but I don't think I will live long
enough to do that...  :-)

Damn...  :-)

Anyway, for what its worth...

Thanks,