Re: Roof Closure Building 8 Too Early!

Frederick Steiling

I had a group message from Michael on 1/23 stating the following:

"We experienced some light condensation this morning.  I have asked Al to set the humidity parameter to 80% and auto close the roof at 430am if the weather station has not ordered its closure prior to that time.  I will keep you up to date on the condensation issue.  Michael"

I agree that it's time to revert the change for 4:30 closure.  If weather parameters are safe, closure should be triggered on a daylight parameter, preferably relaxed enough to nab sky flats if anyone needs them.  I was down there installing my gear last week and manually re-opened the roof one night after 4:30 for continued testing and didn't experience any issues.

If the behavior persists, I'll also reach out directly.

Rick (aka the other Rick in building 8)

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 10:53 AM Dan Crowson <dcrowson@...> wrote:

I know others in that shared building have mentioned this. Definitely reach out to the DSNM people – Larry, Michael, etc. I’ll actually forward this one.

I tend to be able to image up until the sun is about 16 degrees below the horizon if pointed west so you can even cheat the system a little more.

IS Director

CMS Communications, Inc.

722 Goddard Ave

Chesterfield MO 63005

dcrowson@...

www.cmsc.com

Expertise you need, the choice you deserve.

CMS Logo