Re: I2 Borisov

Gregg Ruppel

Brian:
It was only faintly visible with 2 minute integrations at f/3.7, so unless there is an outburst soon we may have seen the last of it from the northern hemisphere.

On 12/14/2019 2:44 PM, Brian Ottum wrote:
Good job, Gregg. That's a tough catch. I've failed on my attempts.

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gregg Ruppel
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2019 1:14 PM
To: EurekaObsClub@groups.io; ASEMDigitalSIG <ASEMDigitalSIG@groups.io>; main@STLAstronomy.groups.io; taaaforum@...; DSNM <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io>
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] I2 Borisov

Hi all:

The interstellar comet I2 Borisov is moving further south (in Crater
now) and was difficult to image because of its low altitude and the waxing moon:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/I2-Borisov_LRGB_121419.jpg
LRGB, 40 minutes total

1.5X crop, inverted
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/I2-Borisov_crop_121419.jpg