Re: NGC 55

Madhup Rathi

Beautiful…..

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gregg Ruppel
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:34 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] NGC 55

Bernard
I like the processing on this one, especially the added Ha.  There are a LOT of background galaxies when viewing the full size image.  Thanks for sharing.

On 11/21/2019 7:21 PM, Bernard Miller wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of NGC55. Wikipedia says this is called the Whale Galaxy, but I am pretty sure that is more commonly used to refer to NGC 4631. Perhaps the Southern Whale galaxy. It is a barred spiral galaxy about 7 million light years away in the constellation Sculptor. It is one of the closest galaxies in the local group, which is the group of galaxies that we reside in.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC55.htm