From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Ottum
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2019 5:07 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] NGC 55

That’s a great Whale shot, Bernard.

When at DSNM, I found that I had never retightened the wedge under my Planewave L-350.  So the slight flexure was probably most of the source of my poor tracking.  Also, PW told me to look at the ground wire at the board and I found it to be rather loose (could have caused my occasional mount communication drops).  So my trip was successful.  Met newcomers Tally and MJ from Boulder.

I was able to get 210 minutes on the Sculptor Galaxy in the moonlight.  About half 5’ exposures, about half 10’ exposures (all unguided).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5LnA6FHloA/

This is a bit over processed, but it seems what my Instagram followers like.

Brian