From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bernard Miller
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:22 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] NGC 55

Hi,

This is an image of NGC55. Wikipedia says this is called the Whale Galaxy, but I am pretty sure that is more commonly used to refer to NGC 4631. Perhaps the Southern Whale galaxy. It is a barred spiral galaxy about 7 million light years away in the constellation Sculptor. It is one of the closest galaxies in the local group, which is the group of galaxies that we reside in.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC55.htm