Re: Arp 38

Bernard Miller

Beautiful Dan. Another one I have to add to my list.

Bernard

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Crowson
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:30 PM
To: 'Dan Crowson' <dcrowson@...>
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Arp 38

Arp 38 (NGC 6412, UGC 10897 and others) is a nice spiral located approximately 74 million light-years away in Draco. In the ‘Spiral galaxies – companions on arms – low surface brightness companions’ class, it looks like Arp might have made a mistake. There doesn’t appear to be any companions. I have a feeling some of the knots in NGC 6412 were thought to be galaxies.

Luminance – 27x600s – 270 minutes – binned 1x1

RGB – 8x300s – 40 minutes each – binned 2x2

390 minutes total exposure – 6 hours 30 minutes

Imaged June 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2019 from Dark Sky New Mexico at Rancho Hidalgo (Animas, New Mexico) with a SBIG STF-8300M on an Astro-Tech AT12RCT at f/8 2432mm.

LRGB - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dcrowson/48009263051/sizes/l