Re: Mirador Astronomy Village

David Oesper

Excellent idea, Steve! I can't believe I forgot to include the community workshop space. Here's the revised Residential Campus section. Feel free to make/suggest additional changes. I'll periodically upload the latest version of the Mirador specifications document which will include all accumulated changes.

Residential Campus

The residential campus will be located further into the property, a reasonable distance from the visitor campus. This will be a cluster of houses and multi-unit dwellings where the residents of Mirador live. The residential campus should also include a multipurpose community center, a workshop, a coworking center, and an outdoor commons. More than one residential campus could be developed.

The campus approach lends itself well to private residences supplemented by nearby shared facilities and common areas. A key feature of Mirador will be clustered residences rather than the standard rural development approach of widely-separated residences on acreages.

The coworking center will have partitions and cubicles (no open office!), plus at least one meeting room. Another coworking center could be located on the visitor campus.

Join Dark-Sky-Communities@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.