Topics

Yaesu User-Defined Controls

Jan C. Robbins

Does anyone know whether any of the Commander user-defined controls available on the DXLab website are usable with the new FTDX-101D or MP?  Any info much appreciated!  73 to all.

Jan N0JR

Does anyone know whether any of the Commander user-defined controls
available on the DXLab website are usable with the new FTDX-101D or MP?

+ The FTDX-101 CAT instruction set is similar to those of the FTDX 3000, 5000, and 9000, but with one more digit in commands and responses that convey frequencies. If there's a user-defined control for the older radios that you'd like to try with your 101, I suggest that you check each CAT command in the control to see if the 101 will accept it.

Jan C. Robbins

Dave,
FYI, the CAT instruction set for the FTDX-3000 seems to work fine with the FTDX-101MP.
THANKS!
73 Jan N0JR

On 9/14/2019 10:32 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Does anyone know whether any of the Commander user-defined controls
available on the DXLab website are usable with the new FTDX-101D or MP?

+ The FTDX-101 CAT instruction set is similar to those of the FTDX 3000, 5000, and 9000, but with one more digit in commands and responses that convey frequencies. If there's a user-defined control for the older radios that you'd like to try with your 101, I suggest that you check each CAT command in the control to see if the 101 will accept it.

FYI, the CAT instruction set for the FTDX-3000 seems to work fine with the FTDX-101MP.

+ Great!

+ Jan, yours is the first report I've received from anyone using Commander with an FTDX-101MP. Have you noticed anything not working correctly? If you get some time, I'd appreciate your trying all of the functions provided on Commander's Main window to confirm that they are working as expected. Thanks!

Jan C. Robbins

Haven't discovered a problem yet, Dave.  Will try all functions as I get the chance, and let you know if anything fails. So far all good.
Jan

+ AA6YQ comments below