KF0CGG

Joe Subich, W4TV

Dave generally adds new transceivers relatively quickly. Unfortunately,
there the change logs (release notes) does not seem to indicate the
addition of the FTdx10. However, reports elsewhere are that the command
set of the FTdx10 is the same as (or "close enough" to) that of the
FTdx101D/MP that selecting FTdx101 should work until such time as Dave
adds explicit support for the FTdx10.

On 2021-01-12 8:51 AM, John Leach wrote:
Will Commander communicate with the new Yaesu FTDX 10 now or in the future?
Thanks,
John
KF0CGG

Will Commander communicate with the new Yaesu FTDX 10 now or in the future?

+ Tim NZ8J and I have been working on this for the past week. The poor quality of Yaesu's CAT documentation has made this a struggle, but we are making progress.

Dave generally adds new transceivers relatively quickly. Unfortunately, there the change logs (release notes) does not seem to indicate the addition of the FTdx10. However, reports elsewhere are that the command set of the FTdx10 is the same as (or "close enough" to) that of the FTdx101D/MP that selecting FTdx101 should work until such time as Dave adds explicit support for the FTdx10.

+ The FTDX101 has two VFOs named MAIN and SUB capable of simultaneous operation on separate frequencies and modes. The FTDX10 has two VFOs named A and B that can each maintain separate VFOs and Modes, only one of which can be active (except during split operation, in which one VFO is used for receiving and the other for transmitting). There are also differences in control over the receiver bandwidth. Thus I doubt that controlling an FTDX10 with Commander configured for an FTDX101 will work very well; I don't recommend it.

John Leach

thanks for the efforts,  I'll stay tuned.

John
KF0CGG

Ross KE4BCN

I have used both FT991 and FTDX101 to control my FTDX10. I only use it for FT8 and psk.

BILL KENNAMER

DXCommander works well enough with WSJT, and is a radio choice in the menu.

K5FUV

I have used both FT991 and FTDX101 to control my FTDX10. I only use it for FT8 and psk.

+ Tim NZ8J and I are making progress, but given the poor CAT documentation it's a trial-and-error process. We're on our 14th new version of Commander!

Ross KE4BCN

Thanks Dave I was just letting people know there are temporary work arounds