Topics

Yaesu FT 707

Jim

My Yaesu FT 707 transceiver is not listed for use with DXLab.  Can I use this rig with the software?  It's actually a mobile rig but works quite nicely in the shack.

My Yaesu FT 707 transceiver is not listed for use with DXLab. Can I use this rig with the software? It's actually a mobile rig but works quite nicely in the shack.

+ Your Yaesu FT-707 is not on the list of transceivers supported by Commander -- DXLab's transceiver control component -- because this radio cannot report its frequency, mode, and other status to an application, nor can it accept commands to set its frequency, mode etc. You can certainly use your FT-707 with DXLab, but you'll have to manually log each QSO's frequency and mode, and you won' be able to QSY to the frequency of an active station by double-clicking its entry on SpotCollector's Main window.

BILL KENNAMER

This radio, the FT707, came out at about the same time as IBM introduced the first PC. Really nice radio, but computers didn’t talk to radios back then.

On Thursday, January 14, 2021, 8:19 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

My Yaesu FT 707 transceiver is not listed for use with DXLab.  Can I use this rig with the software?  It's actually a mobile rig but works quite nicely in the shack.

+ Your Yaesu FT-707 is not on the list of transceivers supported by Commander -- DXLab's transceiver control component -- because this radio cannot report its frequency, mode, and other status to an application, nor can it accept commands to set its frequency, mode etc. You can certainly use your FT-707  with DXLab, but you'll have to manually log each QSO's frequency and mode, and you won' be able to QSY to the frequency of an active station by double-clicking its entry on SpotCollector's Main window.

Jim

Dave,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Jim  KD2LYE

My Yaesu FT 707 transceiver is not listed for use with DXLab.  Can I use this rig with the software?  It's actually a mobile rig but works quite nicely in the shack.

+ Your Yaesu FT-707 is not on the list of transceivers supported by Commander -- DXLab's transceiver control component -- because this radio cannot report its frequency, mode, and other status to an application, nor can it accept commands to set its frequency, mode etc. You can certainly use your FT-707  with DXLab, but you'll have to manually log each QSO's frequency and mode, and you won' be able to QSY to the frequency of an active station by double-clicking its entry on SpotCollector's Main window.

Jim

Thanks, Bill.  Right, and we didn't talk to computers back then, either.

Jim   KD2LYE