Topics

Yaesu

Walter Reinert

I am setting up my FT-1200DX as a backup, does any have the sliders and  push buttons, plus any special thinks I should know.
--
Walt NJ8G

I am setting up my FT-1200DX as a backup, does any have the sliders and push buttons, plus any special thinks I should know.

+ No one has posted command sequences or sliders for the FTDX-1200, but the sequences and sliders posted for the FTDX-3000 can be used as a starting point:

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/files/Command%20Sequences%20and%20Sliders/Yaesu/FTDX-3000

+ Refer to the CAT instruction manuals for both transceivers; if you don't have them, they are available here:

<https://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=DisplayProducts&;DivisionID=65&ProdCatID=102>

+ If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to post them here.

Dave

  I have a question not sure if this is the right place for it, but here it is.
this is my first attempt at CAT command and programming a user-defined button in Commander

I am setting up wsjt-x on my Dx1200

I want to set up a user-defined button to change menu option 103 between front and back (f5)
I set name to Front
my code as follows:

  1.                                |  <ifname Front, 10>
  2.  set Name to Front | EX1030;
  3.                                | <name Front>
  4.                                | <tooltip Click for back>
  5.                                |<end>
  6. .
  7. .
  8. .
  9. .
  10.  set name to Back| EX1031;
  11.                              |<name Back>
  12.                              |<tooltip click for Front>
  13.                              | <end>

when I click on the F5 button the name changes between Front and Back.  the tool tip appears but 103 on the dx1200 does not change. is there something I missed to activate the button?
I have have clicked the rest button in Commander and confirm Commander is talking to radio

thanks
John NM2R

[...]

+ If the name and tooltip are changing, then your command sequence is correctly toggling between the two sets of instructions within it.

+ Looking at description of the EX command on page 7 of the FTDX1200 CAT Operation manual, the commands

EX1030;

+ and

EX1031;

+ appear to be correct for switching the MIC selection between FRONT and DATA.

+ To see how the FTDX1200 is responding when it receives these commands,

1. click the Msgs button below the Mode panel on Commander's Main window to display Commander's Messages window

2. in the "Commander Messages" window that appears,

2a. set the "Message Display" panel to Ascii

2b. uncheck the "Interrogate Radio" panel's Continuous box

2c. click the "Capture and display Primary CAT Port messages" box in the upper-left corner

2d. in the "Interrogate Radio" panel, click the Freq? box, and confirm that the Messages panel displays an outgoing FA; or FB; command (depending upon which VFO is currently selected), and that the radio responds with the current VFO's frequency.

2e. to see how the radio responds when you send an EX1030; command, type

'EX1030;

in the "Execute CAT Command" panel's "CAT command" box, and then click the panel's "Exec" box. The leading single apostrophe is required to indicate that the CAT command is to be send in Ascii (as opposed to decimal or hexadecimal).

+ If a CAT command does not behave as documented in the Yaeu FTDX1200 CAT manual, I suggest that you contact Yeasu support. If that happens, I'd appreciate your posting the resolution here.

+ Commander's Messages window is documented here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/MonitoringMessages.htm

+ Before returning to normal operation, be sure to check the Messages window's "Interrogate Radio" panel's Continuous box and uncheck the "Capture and display Primary CAT Port messages" box.

Joe Subich, W4TV

1. | <ifname Front, 10>
2. set Name to Front | EX1030;
3. | <name Front>
4. | <tooltip Click for back>
5. |<end>
6. .
7. .
8. .
9. .
10. set name to Back| EX1031;
11. |<name Back>
12. |<tooltip click for Front>
13. | <end>
It appears as if you are missing the single quote before the 'EX1030;
and 'EX1031; commands. Those are necessary to send the command as
ASCII as needed by the transceiver.

On 2021-01-25 12:25 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

After reading Dave's reply I came to the same conclusion.  I was going to try that as soon as I got home.
I'm glad i asked tho. His answer answered another question.  How do I test commands.  I was sure there was a way but my research didn't fine the instructions he added to the post. The amount of documentation  on this software is incredible. And the fact Dave reply's so promptly and with detailed info is just mind boggling. He deserves a Medal.

Thanks for all the help.

73
John NM2R

single quote before the command did the trick.

thanks!!!!

john NM2R