WSTJ_SC does not start automatically

Markku SM5FLM

Edited

After my latest Windows 10 update, the SC_WSTJ does not start when Spotcollector starts.
I have to start SC_WSTJ manually from the filesystem.
(Sorry, wrong program name in the subject header)

Markku SM5FLM

Edited

Maybe this is a problem with Spotcollector and not the Windows update, because Spotcollector was updated today with version 8.8.3?

Markku SM5FLM

I found that in the SC config, Spot Sources, WSTJ-X was not enabled.
I have not touched this setting, so something happened when I updated SC (or maybe update of Windows).

But now the SC_WSTJ windows is not shown, even if SC get spots from WSTJ-X.

I found that in the SC config, Spot Sources, WSTJ-X was not enabled.
I have not touched this setting, so something happened when I updated SC (or maybe update of Windows).

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder? If so, please attach it to an email messsage, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

But now the SC_WSTJ windows is not shown, even if SC get spots from WSTJ-X.

+ Locate the icon for SC_WSJTX on the Windows Task Bar, and open it. Note that this is not necessary for correct operation.

Markku SM5FLM

No error log. Sorry

No error log. Sorry

+ "No error log" means that SpotCollector detected nothing abnormal.

+ An upgrade to a new version simply provides new .exe files; it has no impact on settings stored in the Windows Registry.

+ Most likely, the section of the Windows Registry in which SpotCollector's settings are stored was damaged; by what, I can't say, but you could check the Windows event logs for indications of hardware or software failures.

+ Hopefully you have a Workspace from which these settings can be recovered.

Markku SM5FLM

Ok, I shall check Windows event log, but it seems everything works as before, without any problems.
Thanks for your response!

Ok, I shall check Windows event log, but it seems everything works as before, without any problems.
Thanks for your response!

+ A problem that occurs once will recur until we find the root cause and correct it.

+ Computers are like that...