Topics

WSJTX and SC direct interoperation issue

John W1JA

Until now I have used JTAlert. I'm trying out direct interoperation between WSJTX and SC, as discussed on its DXLab Wiki page. JTAlert is not running. Decodes from WSJTX show properly in SC (Network shows as WSJTX and Source is W1JA). But when I double click on a spot row in SC, my radio QSYs to the FT8 segment on the correct band, and the frequency shown in WSJTX changes to the correct band. But the DX Call and DX Grid fields in WSJTX do not get populated, and the Std Msgs do not get generated.

The SC_WSJTX applet shows connected for SC and WSJTX, and the right-most "LED" in SC's Spot Source Status panel is green also.

Ideas to fix?

73, John W1JA

John W1JA

I forgot to mention that I'm using the latest versions of the DXLab applications (SC 8.6.9 for example), and WSJTX 2.2.2.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 09:53 AM, John W1JA wrote:

Until now I have used JTAlert. I'm trying out direct interoperation between WSJTX and SC, as discussed on its DXLab Wiki page. JTAlert is not running. Decodes from WSJTX show properly in SC (Network shows as WSJTX and Source is W1JA). But when I double click on a spot row in SC, my radio QSYs to the FT8 segment on the correct band, and the frequency shown in WSJTX changes to the correct band. But the DX Call and DX Grid fields in WSJTX do not get populated, and the Std Msgs do not get generated.

+ DXLab's direct interoperation with WSJT-X was broken last March when functionality in WSJT-X was retracted. Re-architecting and re-implementing the interoperation took several months, culminating in the release of SpotCollector 8.6.9 a few weeks ago. The behavior you report above is a defect of omission: I forgot to include it in the new version. The functionality has now been replaced, and I am testing the new version. I'll send it to you via email as soon as I'm comfortable with it.

+ Thanks for the report!