Topics

WSJT-X version 2.0.1 is available

Dave AA6YQ

g4wjs

On 25/02/2019 17:47, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
Release Notes:

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/Release_Notes.txt

Hi Dave,

note this from the release notes:

 - UDP protocol's Clear (3) message is made two-way, for better
   communication with DX Lab Suite applications

see https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjtx/ci/master/tree/NetworkMessage.hpp#l189 for details.

Bill

G4WJS.

note this from the release notes:

- UDP protocol's Clear (3) message is made two-way, for better communication with DX Lab Suite applications

+ Many thanks, Bill! This will enable the next version of SpotCollector to clear the WSJT-X "Band Activity" panel on a band change, eliminating the incorrect "need" coloring of callsigns decoded from the previous band.

K4PX K4PX

New issue with SmartSDR v3.0.1.9 as follows.  When I call a station on FT8 using WSJT-X of course and DX COmmander, when the 6400/Maestro MOX red light on Maestro and the red on/off 6400 button get "stuck on"...in other words they do not release and return to receive.  I have to press the MOX button on the Maestro a couple of times to stop the transmit mode.  HELP!
Thanks,
Joe
K4PX

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 12:48 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
Release Notes:

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/Release_Notes.txt

Windows Installer:

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-2.0.1-win32.exe

New issue with SmartSDR v3.0.1.9 as follows. When I call a station on FT8 using WSJT-X of course and DX COmmander, when the 6400/Maestro MOX red light on Maestro and the red on/off 6400 button get "stuck on"...in other words they do not release and return to receive. I have to press the MOX button on the Maestro a couple of times to stop the transmit mode. HELP!

+ See

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/185291.

K4PX K4PX

Hi Dave:

Thanks for your efforts.  I am totally committed to your fine software.  DX Labs is the last thing that would go from my shack.  I am totally disgusted with Flex Radio/SmartSDR and will most likely revert back to V2.4X.  If that fails, I will sell all my Flex equipment and go back to Icom where I probably should have stayed.  Thanks again.

Best,
Joe
K4PX

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 4:50 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

New issue with SmartSDR v3.0.1.9 as follows.  When I call a station on FT8 using WSJT-X of course and DX COmmander, when the 6400/Maestro MOX red light on Maestro and the red on/off 6400 button get "stuck on"...in other words they do not release and return to receive.  I have to press the MOX button on the Maestro a couple of times to stop the transmit mode.  HELP!

+ See

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/185291.

Thanks for your efforts. I am totally committed to your fine software. DX Labs is the last thing that would go from my shack. I am totally disgusted with Flex Radio/SmartSDR and will most likely revert back to V2.4X. If that fails, I will sell all my Flex equipment and go back to Icom where I probably should have stayed. Thanks again.

+ I suggest that you revert to v2 until we can determine why Commander isn't working correctly with v3 (without multiFlex). In my experience, making decisions while frustrated or angry is not a recipe for a good outcome.

+ My understanding is that reverting from SmartSDR v3 to v2 requires saving your settings, performing a factory reset, starting SmartSDR v2, and restoring your saved settings - but I'll defer to Eric KE5DTO of Flex.