WSJT-X Spotcollector

John

Is spotcollector needed to interface WSJT-X with DXkeeper?

Have one of those Maestro Evolve laptops but noticed the other day that logging got a little slow. When checking the task manager I noticed the CPU goes up to 100% after decoding, guess when spotting the callsigns I received.

Other than that have not had other issues, so might be a case of just shutting down and boot when going to use the suite so everything is fresh.

John

Is spotcollector needed to interface WSJT-X with DXkeeper?

+ There are two ways for WSJT-X to interoperate with DXLab:

1. Directly, as a "spot source" to SpotCollector; in this configuration, callsigns in the WSJT-X "Band Activity" panel are color-coded for need based on DXLab's realtime award tracking. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

2. Via JTAlert; in this configuration, callsigns in callsigns in the WSJT-X "Band Activity" panel are color-coded for need based on JTAlert's realtime award tracking; see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

Have one of those Maestro Evolve laptops but noticed the other day that logging got a little slow. When checking the task manager I noticed the CPU goes up to 100% after decoding, guess when spotting the callsigns I received.

+ Use the Windows Task Manager to determine which application is consuming excessive CPU cycle. See

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/performance/troubleshoot-high-cpu-usage-guidance

Other than that have not had other issues, so might be a case of just shutting down and boot when going to use the suite so everything is fresh.

+ 100% CPU consumption is a serious problem; I suggest that you identify the root cause and correct it.