Topics

WSJT-X no longer logging

Richard Lawn

I don't know whether the problem is related but after upgrading to the latest Commander WSJT-X stopped logging and I don't know how to fix it.

--
Rick, W2JAZ

I don't know whether the problem is related but after upgrading to the latest Commander WSJT-X stopped logging and I don't know how to fix it.

+ The most recent version of Commander (14.6.2) was released on June 10. When did you upgrade to this version?

+ Are you using the direct interoperation between WSJT-X and DXLab, or are you using JT-Alert?

+ What happens when you click the OK button in the WSJT-X "Log QSO" window?

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file in your Commander or DXKeeper folders? If so, please attach them to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

WA8Y Steven

I have the same problem.
After an FT8 session on Saturday,  I dragged the WSJT-X log.adi file to my desktop where I tried to import it to DXKeeper.   DXKeeper says its missing a header.

I have never sync'd the logs automatically but I think that's is easier now.

I have the same problem.

+ What you report below is not "the same problem" that anyone else here has reported. Most users employ "log QSOs from WSJT-X to DXKeeper in real time" interoperation between WSJT-X and DXLab, either via JT-Alert or directly; these two options are described here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes>

+ Few if any users direct DXKeeper to import the ADIF file containing every QSO ever logged by WSJT-X, as this would require duplicate checking to be enabled, which would make import operations take a long time.

After an FT8 session on Saturday, I dragged the WSJT-X log.adi file to my desktop where I tried to import it to DXKeeper. DXKeeper says its missing a header.

+ The wsjtx_log.adi file generated by WJST-X v2.2.2 includes a header. DXKeeper will happily import an ADIF file that lacks a header; it reports "no Header present" in the progress window, and continues about its business of importing QSOs from the file.

I have never sync'd the logs automatically but I think that's is easier now.

+ There is no "sync the logs automatically" function, so I don't understand what you're saying. Please explain.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/07/2020 12:36 pm, WA8Y Steven wrote:
I dragged the WSJT-X log.adi file to my desktop where I tried to import it to DXKeeper.   DXKeeper says its missing a header
Edit the adif file and replace the incorrect header tag <eh> with the correct tag <eoh>
This is  a defect in the current WSJT-X release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

I dragged the WSJT-X log.adi file to my desktop where I tried to import it to DXKeeper. DXKeeper says its missing a header

Edit the adif file and replace the incorrect header tag <eh> with the correct tag <eoh> This is a defect in the current WSJT-X
release.

+ Thanks, Laurie. An <eh> instead of an <eoh> in an ADIF file being imported will cause DXKeeper's "Import Progress" window to
report

no Header present
no valid ADIF records found

+ This does not occur when using one of the two recommended ways for DXLab applications to interoperate with WSJT-X.

Thanks I got it sorted out after I made the post.
73
Rick, W2JAZ

Great! What did you have to do to "sort it out"?

I think something got unchecked as it was working a while ago. Who know hi hi! I’m still learning your amazing suite of software! Got the rotor going now.

+ When you get a DXLab application working to your satisfaction, direct the Launcher to save its settings to a Workspace. Then you'll be able to restore those settings anytime "something got unchecked".

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateUpdateWorkspace>

Now I need to see if there is a way to use a different app for PSK that doesn’t require a virtual com port.

+ WinWarbler does not require a virtual serial port; it interoperates with Commander for transceiver control, logs QSOs to DXKeeper, and interoperates with SpotCollector, DXView, and Pathfinder:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PSK_Operation