Topics

WSJT-X Losses Rig Control In Split Mode

Bud Governale

JA's transmitting on 1908 and listening on 1840 this morning.
WSJT-X connected to K3 thru Commander.
WSJT-X looses rig when K3 is in split mode.
Same if I check mark SPLIT in Commander.
How do I do this?

73,

Bud W3LL

g4wjs

On 09/01/2020 14:44, Bud Governale wrote:
JA's transmitting on 1908 and listening on 1840 this morning.
WSJT-X connected to K3 thru Commander.
WSJT-X looses rig when K3 is in split mode.
Same if I check mark SPLIT in Commander.
How do I do this?

73,

Bud W3LL

Hi Bud,

WSJT-X does not have direct support for working split in the, conventional manner, this is because it uses SPLIT mode on your rig for a different purpose. The recommended way to do what you wish is to create a new configuration in WSJT-X ("Menu->Configurations"), and in that configuration set "Settings->Radio->Rig->None". You can switch to that configuration when you wish to work JAs on top band. You will also need a PTT method that works since CAT PTT will not be available while WSJT-X CAT control is disabled. The easiest option is probably to enable DATA VOX on your K3.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill

G4WJS.

Jim - KR9U

Emulated split mode in WSJT-x  requires that the radio *not* be in split mode.

For wide splits such as JA, do this:   In WSJT-x go to File/Settings/Radio and under <Split operation> select “None”.

You can then put the radio into split mode as operate split as you normally would.   Then when done, change it back.

Jim – KR9U