Topics

WSJT-X Intermittent Stoppage

Ed W2LCQ

Hi Dave,,

I took this to the WSJT-X reflector but they said that they didn’t think it was their problem and that I should take it to DXL.

10 I run DXK and WSJT-X together.WSJT-X TX Enable tops for no reason in the middle of the standard message sequence, after 4-5 message sends.

2) At other times an error message (attached) appears. I always hit Retry and things get going after I also hit TX Enable. I was using DKL/WSJT-X for about 3-4 months without any problems then about a month ago the problem popped up. I don’t believe that RFI is an issue. N1MM+ and DXL work fine together flawlessly.

I’d appreciate you taking a look at this and letting me know what you think.  Thanks so much. If I can provide more info just let me know.

All best, Ed W2LCQ

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club

BUG 204 - CWops 701 - SKCC 5474T -  FISTS 12294 - LICWC 051 - QCWA - ARRL (NLI)

“My ears barely caught signals coming in regular succession which could not have been produced on earth.” --- Nicola Tesla

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I took this to the WSJT-X reflector but they said that they didn’t think it was their problem and that I should take it to DXL.

10 I run DXK and WSJT-X together.WSJT-X TX Enable tops for no reason in the middle of the standard message sequence, after 4-5 message sends.

+ I'm not aware of a way that a DXLab application could cause the WSJT-X "TX Enable" to stop.

2) At other times an error message (attached) appears.

+ Attachments are not conveyed here; which application is displaying the error message, and what is the text of that message?

I always hit Retry and things get going after I also hit TX Enable. I was using DKL/WSJT-X for about 3-4 months without any problems then about a month ago the problem popped up.

+ What changes did you make to your hardware or software at the time the problematic behavior first appeared?

Having the exact same issue.  After a few cycles of transmit and rcv in WSJT-x the program will stop the transmit cycle with no apparent errors.  One minute I'll be calling CQ or another station and then suddenly the Enable Tx button will be greyed and not going.  After a few times of this I'll get the WSJt-x Alert menu with Rig Control error.  Do you want to to reconfigure the radio interface.  There's an O.K. Retry configurations Show Details and cancel button.  If I hit O.K. or Retry I can get back to working.  On details I get "DX Lab Suite Commander rig did not respond to PTT: ON".

I'll email over error log.

Evan L. Sippert
KS1PPY

Rod Greene

Are you using an Icom with the USB cable connection for CAT and audio? I had a similar problem with my IC-7600 using the USB cable interface and it was RFI introduced via the cable. I changed to a better cable with ferrites and the problem stopped. Ymmv - hope this helps! 73, Rod/w7zrc

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad