WSJT-X interaction issues with Spot Collector, DXView, Pathfinder, DXKeeper

HB

Hello Folks...
I have searched the archives here and tried a few tips I found but no resolve. 1st issue - This is not a new issue - it has happened before but then stopped.  I have WSKT-X and DXLab configured as per the wiki - not using JTAlert.

When I run WSJT-X and select a DX Contact, DXLab will pick up on the station almost immediately (Azimuth in DXView, lookup in Pathfinder, lookup of previous QSOs in DXKeeper, etc.).  I end the QSO and I'm prompted to log the QSO by WSJT-X - I click to log and DXKeeper logs the QSO.  Then this happens: On the next DX Contact, DXLab takes almost 3 minutes to respond to the new callsign.  If I finish the QSO before DXLab recognizes what is going on, DXKeeper will eventually grab the log as long as I don't shut down anything.  If I don't make a contact and clear the DX Contact window, DXLab will eventually catch up  but there again almost 3 minutes will pass.  Sometimes after I log a contact in WSJT-X, I'll get an error message that DXKeeper is taking too long to respond, but the log will eventually show up.

2nd Issue:
When I start WSJT-X, Spot Collector's CQDX database connection disconnects.  The Spot status indicator will go from green to yellow.  If I open the status window, I will get some version of this:
Connected to US.WorldIRC.Org @ 10/10/2021 2306
*** Looking up your hostname
*** Checking Ident
*** Couldn't look up your hostname
*** No ident response
:Your client may not be compatible with this server.
:Compatible clients are available at http://www.worldirc.org/index.php?page=software
ERROR :Closing Link: K4HYJ by Newark.NJ.US.WorldIRC.Org (Registration Timeout)

If I manually try to reconnect I will get an entire status page: Connected to US.WorldIRC.Org @ 10/10/2021 2308
with the time changing every time it tries to reconnect.  If I shut down WSJT-X, the CQDX spot source reconnects and works fine.

I do not run any malware detection software and I have Windows Defender disabled.  I do run Win4K3Suite for extra K3S control, but have been the entire time I have owned my K3S and used DXLAb with it.  Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hank
K4HYJ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have searched the archives here and tried a few tips I found but no resolve. 1st issue - This is not a new issue - it has happened before but then stopped. I have WSKT-X and DXLab configured as per the wiki - not using JTAlert.

When I run WSJT-X and select a DX Contact, DXLab will pick up on the station almost immediately (Azimuth in DXView, lookup in Pathfinder, lookup of previous QSOs in DXKeeper, etc.). I end the QSO and I'm prompted to log the QSO by WSJT-X - I click to log and DXKeeper logs the QSO. Then this happens: On the next DX Contact, DXLab takes almost 3 minutes to respond to the new callsign. If I finish the QSO before DXLab recognizes what is going on, DXKeeper will eventually grab the log as long as I don't shut down anything. If I don't make a contact and clear the DX Contact window, DXLab will eventually catch up but there again almost 3 minutes will pass. Sometimes after I log a contact in WSJT-X, I'll get an error message that DXKeeper is taking too long to respond, but the log will eventually show up.

+ In the WSJT-X panel on the "Spot Sources" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, do you have the eQSL, LOTW, and/or "Club Log" boxes checked? If so, uncheck them all, and log a QSO. Do you still experience the 3 minute delay on the next QSO?

+ If not, the DXKeeper's access to the internet is likely being slowed, either by your firewall or by your anti-malware. Correct which-ever is responsible.

2nd Issue:
When I start WSJT-X, Spot Collector's CQDX database connection disconnects. The Spot status indicator will go from green to yellow. If I open the status window, I will get some version of this:
Connected to US.WorldIRC.Org @ 10/10/2021 2306
*** Looking up your hostname
*** Checking Ident
*** Couldn't look up your hostname
*** No ident response
:Your client may not be compatible with this server.
:Compatible clients are available at http://www.worldirc.org/index.php?page=software
ERROR :Closing Link: K4HYJ by Newark.NJ.US.WorldIRC.Org (Registration Timeout)

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. On the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. Terminate SpotCollector

3. Terminate WSJT-X

4. Start SpotCollector, and wait for all spot sources except WSJT-X to connect (particularly the CQDX connection to the DX Summit web cluster).

5. Start WSJTX-X, and wait until the CQDX connection drops as you report above

6. On the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. Attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

HB

Thanks Dave...
I have been traveling for work - I'll be back home tomorrow and do as you ask.

Stay tuned!

Hank
K4HYJ

HB

Dave...
You've got mail!

Thanks,
Hank
K4HYJ