Topics

WSJT-x - importing into DXKeeper

Jim

I worked the VHF contest over the weekend and noticed that I have several contacts that got logged into the native WXJT-x logging facility that did not get picked up in the DXKeeper log. I now want to import them into my full time log in DXKeeper but before I do I guess I need to know is the WSJT-x log considered a non-compliant log by DXLab?  and if so what do I need to do before (or after) importation into DXKeeper? I have already made sure I checked the box for "Check duplicates on import range +/- 1 minute (if it was logged by both the time difference should actually be 0 minutes) but what else needs to be changed or added to do this correctly?

Thanks
Jim, K3YBN

I worked the VHF contest over the weekend and noticed that I have several contacts that got logged into the native WXJT-x logging facility that did not get picked up in the DXKeeper log.

+ Were error messages displayed that informed you that a QSO was not successfully logged?

I now want to import them into my full time log in DXKeeper but before I do I guess I need to know is the WSJT-x log considered a non-compliant log by DXLab? and if so what do I need to do before (or after) importation into DXKeeper? I have already made sure I checked the box for "Check duplicates on import range +/- 1 minute (if it was logged by both the time difference should actually be 0 minutes) but what else needs to be changed or added to do this correctly?

+ Enabling duplicate checking is sufficient, as the WSJT-X log file (wsjtx_log.adi) is ADIF compliant. To speed up the import operation (duplicate checking is slow), you could make a copy of the WSJT-X log file, delete all of the QSOs prior to last weekend, save the copy, and then direct DXKeeper to import that copy.

Carl - WC4H

Hi Jim.

The wsjtx_log.adi file is ADIF compliant.  You can import directly from it to DXKeeper if desired.

I just copy the contacts that are missing in DXP and paste them into a new text document.  Just need to put an <EOH> at the top of the new document.  Then I import the new doc.

If you don't have too many Qs in the wsjtx_log.adi file, then you can just import the whole thing with the check dupes option enabled in DXKeeper.

If you select File /  Open Log Directory, you will be taken to the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\WSJT-X folder in Windows or the /home/username/.local/share/WSJT-X foder in Linux.  The wsjtx_log.adi file is found there.

Don''t try to import the wsjtx.log file.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Jim

Thanks for the answer Carl  I got it fixed now..

JIm K3YBN