Topics

WSJt-X and DX Keeper

dvpoplewski

How do I set up wsjtx to also log to dx keeper as well as it's on log file?

David KC8IV

How do I set up wsjtx to also log to dx keeper as well as it's on log file?

+ Step-by-step instructions are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes

neil_zampella

FWIW ... WSJT-X will always write to its log file.

There are two ways to connect WSJT-X to have it log to DXKeeper.  Using a third-party utility, or through SpotCollector.   There's a DXLab wiki you can check for more info:  http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/19/2021 8:29 PM, dvpoplewski wrote:
How do I set up wsjtx to also log to dx keeper as well as it's on log file?

David KC8IV

dvpoplewski

I seem to remember that before when I would work a FT8 station and I would get a notification box pop up for the FT8 contact and log. How ever I would also get a popup box from DX lab to click on log. I no longer get any such notification from DX keeper.

David KC8IV

I seem to remember that before when I would work a FT8 station and I would get a notification box pop up for the FT8 contact and log. How ever I would also get a popup box from DX lab to click on log. I no longer get any such notification from DX keeper.

+ DXKeeper has never displayed a "click to log" popup window. WSJT-X does that.

dvpoplewski

So there is no way to automatically have wsjt contacts log to dx keeper?

So there is no way to automatically have wsjt contacts log to dx keeper?

+ I just posted step-by-step instructions for two different ways to do just that.}

+ Using the "direct" interoperation, I just logged 18 FT8 QSO on 160m in the last 50 minutes.

Dave / NR1DX

One way is to use a program called JTAlert..easy enough to google and download.  A neat side benefit of JTAlert is it provides an internet note pad environment where you can exchange additional info with similarly connected stations

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com