Topics

WSJT-X 2.1 drops connection with Commander

Jens Zander SM0HEV

Edited

Hi,
After installing WSJT-X 2.1 I have intermittent problems during FT8 and FT4 QSOs with  the connection to Commander  (which I use for WSJT-X rig control)
I now and then get the error WSTJ-X error message  "lost connection to Commander" (or similar). After some 15-30 seconds the connection seems to be restablished by itself (very annoying though, when in the mids of a QSO).  There is no error message from Commander (nothing in the error log) which seems to be functioning normal (seems to be in full control of the Rig).  I thought initially this must be an HF leakage problem, but a) there is no cable between WSTJ-X and Commander, b) reducing power doesnt seem to make any difference and  c) everything worked flawlessly before installing 2.1.
Has anyone experienced similar problems ?
--
SM0HEV/Jens

After installing WSJT-X 2.1 I have intermittent problems during FT8 and FT4 QSOs with the connection to Commander (which I use for WSJT-X rig control) I now and then get the error WSTJ-X error message "lost connection to Commander" (or similar). After some 15-30 seconds the connection seems to be restablished by itself (very annoying though, when in the mids of a QSO). There is no error message from Commander (nothing in the error log) which seems to be functioning normal (seems to be in full control of the Rig). I thought initially this must be an HF leakage problem, but a) there is no cable between WSTJ-X and Commander, b) reducing power doesnt seem to make any difference and c) everything worked flawlessly before installing 2.1.
Has anyone experienced similar problems ?

+ No one has reported similar problems with WSJT-X 2.1.0 here.

+ Have you configured your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider WSJT-X 2.1.0 to be "safe"?

+ Have you tried rebooting Windows, and then starting only Commander and WSJT-X 2.1.0 to see whether the "lost connection to Commander" error message still appears?

Jens Zander SM0HEV

Thanks, Dave.
Updating JTAlert to 2.14 and rebooting did the trick!
--
SM0HEV/Jens

Jens Zander SM0HEV

The problem is back also in WSJT-X 2.2.2  + Commander 14.7.4
It seems the problem occurs intermittently when the "fake-it" frequency offset commands are sent. After a transmission (outside 1500-2000) is completed,  sometimes now and then, WSJT-signals that  the CAT- connection is ost, which means WSJT-X "hangs" in the "offset" frequency .. sometimes even Commander remains  in TX-mode.
When operating  between 1500 and 2000 I have never been able to reproduce this error.
Sounds like a timing problem to me....
I am using the IC-7300, USB interface @115000bd.
--
SM0HEV/Jens

The problem is back also in WSJT-X 2.2.2  + Commander 14.7.4
It seems the problem occurs intermittently when the "fake-it" frequency offset commands are sent. After a transmission (outside 1500-2000) is completed,  sometimes now and then, WSJT-signals that  the CAT- connection is ost, which means WSJT-X "hangs" in the "offset" frequency .. sometimes even Commander remains  in TX-mode.
When operating  between 1500 and 2000 I have never been able to reproduce this error.
Sounds like a timing problem to me....
I am using the IC-7300, USB interface @115000bd.

+ Does this misbehavior occur when you significantly reduce your IC-7300's RF output?