Topics

Wrong qrz call

I work a lot of POTA stns. When I entered there call to be logged, several stns don't have the correct qrz info.
I dont know if its DXLAB or QRZ ??
Any thoughts??
Tnx
--
73's de NU4N Dave

Pete Smith

I've seen a number of people whose QRZ data are screwed up.  In some instances it's the physical location... one guy who withheld his mailing address discovered that QRZ mapped him to his manager's location.  mine was just a bit off, so I tweaked it manually.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 2/11/2021 11:02 AM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:

I work a lot of POTA stns. When I entered there call to be logged, several stns don't have the correct qrz info.
I dont know if its DXLAB or QRZ ??
Any thoughts??
Tnx
--
73's de NU4N Dave

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

I work a lot of POTA stns. When I entered there call to be logged, several stns don't have the correct qrz info.
I dont know if its DXLAB or QRZ ??
Any thoughts??

+ What's an example of a callsign for which the wrong location information is being logged? What leads you to conclude that the logged location information for this callsign is incorrect?

KU is Thomas in in IND is correct The I have Randolph in CA & Laurence in MI.

Kinda strange
--
73's de NU4N Dave

Correction is KU8T
--
73's de NU4N Dave

Correction is KU8T

+ Please answer the two questions I posed in

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/199667

Dave the call is KU8T. Has him as randolph in California. His real name is Tom lives in Indiana.
Thanks
--
73's de NU4N Dave

Dave the call is KU8T. Has him as randolph in California. His real name is Tom lives in Indiana.
+ Thanks. What does "Has him as randolph in California" mean?

His name in DXLAB is Randolph located in Cal. His real name is Tom from Indiana.
--
73's de NU4N Dave

David Bunte

Dave -

I am confused by your statement that "His name in DXLAB is..." Where in DXLAB is his name? All the operator names I have in DXKeeper were entered by me when I worked a station, or were pulled from previously logged QSOs when I subsequently worked that station again. I don't use a CALLBOOK lookup with DXK, but if I did, and used QRZ then I assume it would pull up the correct name and QTH information for KU8T.

I suggest you check for previous QSOs with KU8T. Perhaps you logged him as Randolph in CA during a previous QSO.

GL de Dave - K9FN

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 8:10 AM Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:
His name in DXLAB is Randolph located in Cal. His real name is Tom from Indiana.
--
73's de NU4N Dave

I am confused by your statement that "His name in DXLAB is..." Where in DXLAB is his name?

+ I have requested an answer to that question 3 times, without success.

All the operator names I have in DXKeeper were entered by me when I worked a station, or were pulled from previously logged QSOs when I subsequently worked that station again. I don't use a CALLBOOK lookup with DXK, but if I did, and used QRZ then I assume it would pull up the correct name and QTH information for KU8T.

I suggest you check for previous QSOs with KU8T. Perhaps you logged him as Randolph in CA during a previous QSO.

+ That is the most likely explanation.

Björn (SM0SBL)

This might happen if you enter a new callsign in DXKeeper capture window and just hit enter. The previous looked up  name and location remains in the window if you don't press SHIFT and ENTER or first clear the capture window.

I.e. if you first lookup a callsign, then enter another callsign, hit enter and then log you will partly log the wrong information. At least that is my experience...
--
Björn, SM0SBL

This might happen if you enter a new callsign in DXKeeper capture window and just hit enter. The previous looked up name and location remains in the window if you don't press SHIFT and ENTER or first clear the capture window.

I.e. if you first lookup a callsign, then enter another callsign, hit enter and then log you will partly log the wrong information. At least that is my experience...

+ That's intentional: information that you record from what your QSO partner said over the air isn't over-written by information from a subsequent callbook lookup.