Topics

Working on 5B DXCC

David Reed

Folks,

I am pursuing a 5 band DXCC; not surprisingly, I have the most missing countries on 80 and 40 M so I will try to work them this winter.

Towards that end, I would like Spot Collector to notify me by text message when one of my needed band-countires is spotted.

I suspect some special SQL expression and appropriate settings in SpotCollector would get this going for me.

Any  pointers to where I can get this information would be most welcome!

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

Scott Stembaugh

I used this as my filter when pursuing 40/80 dxcc

<standardfilter> and <needfilter> and band in ('40m','80m')

73,
--scott

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM David Reed <w5sv.dave@...> wrote:
Folks,

I am pursuing a 5 band DXCC; not surprisingly, I have the most missing
countries on 80 and 40 M so I will try to work them this winter.

Towards that end, I would like Spot Collector to notify me by text
message when one of my needed band-countires is spotted.

I suspect some special SQL expression and appropriate settings in
SpotCollector would get this going for me.

Any  pointers to where I can get this information would be most welcome!

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

David Reed

Thanks Scott!

On Jan 8, 2021, at 10:36, Scott Stembaugh <radio.n9ljx@...> wrote:

I used this as my filter when pursuing 40/80 dxcc

<standardfilter> and <needfilter> and band in ('40m','80m')

73,
--scott

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM David Reed <w5sv.dave@...> wrote:
Folks,

I am pursuing a 5 band DXCC; not surprisingly, I have the most missing
countries on 80 and 40 M so I will try to work them this winter.

Towards that end, I would like Spot Collector to notify me by text
message when one of my needed band-countires is spotted.

I suspect some special SQL expression and appropriate settings in
SpotCollector would get this going for me.

Any  pointers to where I can get this information would be most welcome!

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

David Reed

Thanks, that works.

A follow up question; if I have SpotCollector set to only show spots on the band I am on, and the desired spot is on a different band, will it get through, or do I need to set the configuration to always show 80 & 40 for it to get through?

Thanks and 73 de Dave, W5SV

On 1/8/2021 16:36, Scott Stembaugh wrote:
I used this as my filter when pursuing 40/80 dxcc

<standardfilter> and <needfilter> and band in ('40m','80m')

73,
--scott

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM David Reed <w5sv.dave@...> wrote:
Folks,

I am pursuing a 5 band DXCC; not surprisingly, I have the most missing
countries on 80 and 40 M so I will try to work them this winter.

Towards that end, I would like Spot Collector to notify me by text
message when one of my needed band-countires is spotted.

I suspect some special SQL expression and appropriate settings in
SpotCollector would get this going for me.

Any  pointers to where I can get this information would be most welcome!

Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

Scott Stembaugh

If you have the Band filter set to display 'Transceiver Band Only' I believe that would affect the <bandfilter> and would interfere with this expression.

Per https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/SpotDatabase.htm<STANDARDFILTER> with an SQL expression equivalent to <BANDFILTER> AND <MODEFILTER> AND <CONTFILTER> AND <ORIGINFILTER> AND <AGEFILTER> AND <LOTWFILTER> and <EQSLFILTER>.

--scott

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM David Reed <w5sv.dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Joe Subich, W4TV

A follow up question; if I have SpotCollector set to only show spots
on the band I am on, and the desired spot is on a different band,
will it get through, or do I need to set the configuration to always
show 80 & 40 for it to get through?
The SpotCollector Help file says:

when checked, SpotCollector will send an Email message when a Spot Database entry is created or updated and matches the specified SQL expression, which may include wildcards and substitutions.
Since a database entry is created or updated on any received spot
(unless prefiltering is enabled:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SpotDatabasePrefilter>)
I would read that to imply that the email/text alert is independent
of any filter set for the Spot Database Display. Dave can correct
me if my interpretation is incorrect (I do not use text/e-mail
alerting).

On 2021-01-08 1:09 PM, David Reed wrote:
Thanks, that works.
A follow up question; if I have SpotCollector set to only show spots on the band I am on, and the desired spot is on a different band, will it get through, or do I need to set the configuration to always show 80 & 40 for it to get through?
Thanks and 73 de Dave, W5SV
On 1/8/2021 16:36, Scott Stembaugh wrote:
I used this as my filter when pursuing 40/80 dxcc

<standardfilter> and <needfilter> and band in ('40m','80m')

73,
--scott
------
Scott Stembaugh - N9LJX
radio.n9ljx@gmail.com <mailto:radio.n9ljx@gmail.com>
http://sites.google.com/site/radion9ljx <http://sites.google.com/site/radion9ljx>

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM David Reed <w5sv.dave@gmail.com <mailto:w5sv.dave@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Folks,

    I am pursuing a 5 band DXCC; not surprisingly, I have the most
    missing
    countries on 80 and 40 M so I will try to work them this winter.

    Towards that end, I would like Spot Collector to notify me by text
    message when one of my needed band-countires is spotted.

    I suspect some special SQL expression and appropriate settings in
    SpotCollector would get this going for me.

    Any  pointers to where I can get this information would be most
    welcome!

    Thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

I would read that to imply that the email/text alert is independent
of any filter set for the Spot Database Display. Dave can correct
me if my interpretation is incorrect (I do not use text/e-mail
alerting).
+ That's correct. The "Email Alarm trigger" panel on the Configuration window's "Email Alarm" tab provides the ability to specify an SQL expression that governs when an email message is sent. The SQL expression that Scott N9LJX suggested should work there.

David Reed

Somehow I am experiencing it differently.

Here is the SQL expression I am using: <standardfilter> and <needfilter> and band in ('40m','80m')

If I have allo HF enabled on SC display, a local spot of VK0HI comes out in my text message; if I have SC Band filter set to Transceiver Band Only, and that is a band other that what I the spot is on, I never get the text message.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks and 73 de Dave, W5SV

On 1/8/2021 19:44, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I would read that to imply that the email/text alert is independent
of any filter set for the Spot Database Display. Dave can correct
me if my interpretation is incorrect (I do not use text/e-mail
alerting).
+ That's correct. The "Email Alarm trigger" panel on the Configuration window's "Email Alarm" tab provides the ability to specify an SQL expression that governs when an email message is sent. The SQL expression that Scott N9LJX suggested should work there.

_

Joe Subich, W4TV

Here is the SQL expression I am using: *<standardfilter> and
<needfilter> and band in ('40m','80m')*

If I have allo HF enabled on SC display, a local spot of VK0HI comes
out in my text message; if I have SC Band filter set to Transceiver
Band Only, and that is a band other that what I the spot is on, I
never get the text message. >
What might I be doing wrong?
As pointed out previously:

<standardfilter> expands to: "<BANDFILTER> AND <MODEFILTER> AND <CONTFILTER> AND <ORIGINFILTER> AND <AGEFILTER> AND <LOTWFILTER> and <EQSLFILTER>"

Selecting "Transceiver Band Only" changes <BANDFILTER> from the contents
of the <BANDFILTER> dialog from <BAND IN ('160m','80m','40m','30m',
'20m', '17m','15m','12m','10')> (if HF bands with no start/end/max
origin DX are defined) to <Band IN <transceiver band>>.

You would be best served to modify your text SQL to delete the
"<STANDARDFILER>" and just use "<NEEDFILTER> and band in ('80m''40m')"
or "<NEEDFILTER> and <CONTFILTER> and <ORIGINFILER> and band in
('80m''40m')"

On 2021-01-08 5:42 PM, David Reed wrote:
[...]

Thanks Joe, I will get this sorted out…

73 de W5SV - David F. Reed