WinWarbler SSB macro not working

Carlo - IK2RPE

I have the problem that when I activate the SSB macro in WinWarbler it does no longer work (transmit) and a window appears saying:

“attempt to play C:\DXLab\WinWarble\Phone\msag2.wav on soundcard2 failed: (282) and (translated from Italian) the specified parameter is outside from the allowed interval of the specified command”

My working conditions are WIN10Pro, Icom 7300, microHAM II

In WinWarbler>config>Soundcard I have microHAM CODEC chosen for PSK & RTTY Reception and Transmission and same for Phone transmission.

What I have to do/check furthermore?

Thanks

Carlo  IK2RPE

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have the problem that when I activate the SSB macro in WinWarbler it does no longer work (transmit) and a window appears saying:

“attempt to play C:\DXLab\WinWarble\Phone\msag2.wav on soundcard2 failed: (282) and (translated from Italian) the specified parameter is outside from the allowed interval of the specified command”

In WinWarbler>config>Soundcard I have microHAM CODEC chosen for PSK & RTTY Reception and Transmission and same for Phone transmission.

+ WinWarbler is relaying that error message from the soundcard device driver.

+ Using Windows Explorer, please navigate to your

C:\DXLab\WinWarble\Phone

+ folder. Double-click on the entry for

msag2.wav

+ What happens?

Dave, AA6YQ

Carlo - IK2RPE

It is perfectly reproduced through VLC player and through the audio of the PC

Carlo IK2RPE

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> Per conto di Dave AA6YQ
Inviato: sabato 20 marzo 2021 19:51
A: DXLab@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [DXLab] WinWarbler SSB macro not working

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ WinWarbler is relaying that error message from the soundcard device driver.

+ Using Windows Explorer, please navigate to your

C:\DXLab\WinWarble\Phone

+ folder. Double-click on the entry for

msag2.wav

+ What happens?

Dave, AA6YQ

--
Questa email è stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ Good. What soundcard is the VLC player configured to use? Temporarily configure WinWarbler to use the same soundcard for phone transmission. What happens when you active a phone macro in WinWarbler?

Dave, AA6YQ

Carlo - IK2RPE

Dave,
I did it, i.e. I used Realtek Audio in WinWarbler and the message was properly reproduced in the PC audio system.
Then I changed back in Winwarbler config>soundcard the "Phone Transmission" to the "microHAM CODEC" soundcard and..... the message(s) are correctly reproduced again via the radio.
Then it appears that now everything is re-shaped and that only the changing of the soundcard and the coming back to the correct one has solved the problem. I do not know why it happened, but I'm glad of the result!

Many thanks

Carlo IK2RPE

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> Per conto di Dave AA6YQ
Inviato: sabato 20 marzo 2021 23:15
A: DXLab@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [DXLab] WinWarbler SSB macro not working

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ Good. What soundcard is the VLC player configured to use? Temporarily configure WinWarbler to use the same soundcard for phone transmission. What happens when you active a phone macro in WinWarbler?

Dave, AA6YQ

--
Questa email è stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Dave AA6YQ

@ more AA6YQ comments below

I did it, i.e. I used Realtek Audio in WinWarbler and the message was properly reproduced in the PC audio system.
Then I changed back in Winwarbler config>soundcard the "Phone Transmission" to the "microHAM CODEC" soundcard and..... the message(s) are correctly reproduced again via the radio.
Then it appears that now everything is re-shaped and that only the changing of the soundcard and the coming back to the correct one has solved the problem. I do not know why it happened, but I'm glad of the result!

@ It's unusual for a diagnostic step to solve the problem. Something obviously changed; it would be best to understand what, and how -- otherwise, the incorrect behavior could return -- and at the worst possible time.

@ Joe W4TV, any suggestions for how to proceed from here?

Dave, AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Joe Subich, W4TV

The translation of the error message from Italian is confusing.
However, I suspect that Windows was in a "bad state" - that
"Headset earphone (microHAM CODEC)" (the MK II soundcard output)
was opened in exclusive mode by another application or the
audio endpoint indexes had changed and those changes had not
been reflected in the values stored in WinWarbler.

The latter is just one of many reasons that I recommend *against*
leaving a Windows system running 24 x 7 and strongly recommend a
complete *RESTART* to reload the Windows kernel and drivers fresh
before every operating session.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-03-21 5:02 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
@ more AA6YQ comments below
@ It's unusual for a diagnostic step to solve the problem. Something obviously changed; it would be best to understand what, and how -- otherwise, the incorrect behavior could return -- and at the worst possible time.
Dave, AA6YQ
+ AA6YQ comments below