Topics

WinWarbler macro suggestion

MARK KEMPISTY

Could macros be added to access the default MyQTH SIG and MY_SIG_INFO information?  This would allow the the function keys to pick up - say - POTA park information from activations without having to update the macros at each park.

Take care,
Mark
AA3K

Could macros be added to access the default MyQTH SIG and MY_SIG_INFO information? This would allow the the function keys to pick up - say - POTA park information from activations without having to update the macros at each park.

+ Have you consider logging POTA information in a user-defined item whose caption is set to POTA?

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 4:00 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Could macros be added to access the default MyQTH SIG and MY_SIG_INFO information? This would allow the the function keys to pick up - say - POTA park information from activations without having to update the macros at each park.

+ Have you consider logging POTA information in a user-defined item whose caption is set to POTA?
I think he wants to transmit his POTA (SIG) information during the
QSO, before it's logged.

73,

~iain / N6ML

I think he wants to transmit his POTA (SIG) information during the
QSO, before it's logged.

+ One's own POTA information does not change from QSO to QSO; that information can simply be specified in the macro.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 7:22 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I think he wants to transmit his POTA (SIG) information during the
QSO, before it's logged.

+ One's own POTA information does not change from QSO to QSO; that information can simply be specified in the macro.
He's trying to avoid having to change it in two places (the myQTH and
the macros) each time he activates a new park. It seems like a
reasonable request (you already have macros for other items from
myQTH).... although I don't operate POTA.

73,

~iain

Dave AA6YQ

* More AA6YQ comments below

I think he wants to transmit his POTA (SIG) information during the
QSO, before it's logged.

+ One's own POTA information does not change from QSO to QSO; that information can simply be specified in the macro.
He's trying to avoid having to change it in two places (the myQTH and the macros) each time he activates a new park. It seems like a reasonable request (you already have macros for other items from myQTH).... although I don't operate POTA.

* Thanks, Iain, I understand now.

* since there is no POTA item on the myQTH tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, the myQTH tab's SIG item is being used to capture "my POTA".

* An alternative would be to

1. add POTA, SOTA, and WWFF items to DXKeeper's "my QTHs" tab

* Or would everyone be satisfied with using the myQTH tab's existing Sig item for POTA, SOTA, and WWFF codes, in which case the original request for <mysig> macro in WinWarbler would be sufficient?

MARK KEMPISTY

Edited

Apologies, I fell behind on following my own suggestion.  But the comments are correct.  POTA and the park reference go into the special interest group fields of the MyQTH and I create a new MyQTH for each park I activate.  Pulling the MY_SIG_INFO field into a WW function key definition as a macro would eliminate the embarrassment of forgetting to update the definition as making sure I have the QTH set correctly is one of the first steps I do when setting up.

I do use a User Defined field for POTA as it shows up in the capture window as well as transfer any received park info into the Details pane SIG fields through a script

73,
Mark AA3K

Apologies, I fell behind on following my own suggestion. But the comments are correct. POTA and the park reference go into the special interest group fields of the MyQTH and I create a new MyQTH for each park I activate. Pulling the MY_SIG_INFO field into a WW function key definition as a macro would eliminate the embarrassment of forgetting to update the definition as making sure I have the QTH set correctly is one of the first steps I do when setting up.

I do use a User Defined field for POTA as it shows up in the capture window as well as transfer any received park info into the Details pane SIG fields through a script.

+ If you employ a user-defined field for POTA in DXKeeper, it will also be available in the "QSO Info" panel on WinWarbler's Main window.

+ Since no one responded to my query in

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/196271>

+ I've sent you a new version of DXKeeper that makes the default myQTH's Sig and "Sig Info" items accessible to other applications, and a new version of WinWarbler that provides <myqthsig> and <myqthsiginfo> macros, as you requested.

+ Please let me know how it goes.