WinWarbler Logging issue

ab4sf@...

I am running WW 9.5.6.  I use it for routine RTTY QSOs, ragchew, DX, etc.  For any contesting I close DxLab Suite and contest with N1MM.

My apparent issue is that today WW 9.5.6 is suddenly not talking to DxKeeper, that is the automatic logging in DxK does not happen when I finish a QSO in WW RTTY.  I used to work fine, in fact worked yesterday.  That QSO is the last one in the MiniLog .adi file.  Live QSO's as well as a couple of test "dummy load" QSO's today 1) do not log in DxKeeper or 2) show up in the Mini log.  I do not believe I have changed anything since yesterday. 

This is the last line of the WinWarbler error log file:  2022-10-01 17:16:59.159 > program error 13 in module PSKMinilog.LogQSO, State = 55: Type mismatch.

Dave, I can of course send you the error log itself if you want.

Just curious what I broke!

Wray AB4SF

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I am running WW 9.5.6. I use it for routine RTTY QSOs, ragchew, DX, etc. For any contesting I close DxLab Suite and contest with N1MM.

My apparent issue is that today WW 9.5.6 is suddenly not talking to DxKeeper, that is the automatic logging in DxK does not happen when I finish a QSO in WW RTTY. I used to work fine, in fact worked yesterday. That QSO is the last one in the MiniLog .adi file. Live QSO's as well as a couple of test "dummy load" QSO's today 1) do not log in DxKeeper or 2) show up in the Mini log. I do not believe I have changed anything since yesterday.

This is the last line of the WinWarbler error log file: 2022-10-01 17:16:59.159 > program error 13 in module PSKMinilog.LogQSO, State = 55: Type mismatch.

+ Please attach the errorlog.txt file from your WinWarbler folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

Joe Subich, W4TV

Close all of the DXLab Suite applications and
*RESTART* Windows. When you launch DXLab Suite
does WinWarbler log normally?

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-10-01 1:43 PM, ab4sf@... wrote:
I am running WW 9.5.6.  I use it for routine RTTY QSOs, ragchew, DX, etc.  For any contesting I close DxLab Suite and contest with N1MM.
My apparent issue is that today WW 9.5.6 is suddenly not talking to DxKeeper, that is the automatic logging in DxK does not happen when I finish a QSO in WW RTTY.  I used to work fine, in fact worked yesterday.  That QSO is the last one in the MiniLog .adi file.  Live QSO's as well as a couple of test "dummy load" QSO's today 1) do not log in DxKeeper or 2) show up in the Mini log.  I do not believe I have changed anything since yesterday.
This is the last line of the WinWarbler error log file: 2022-10-01 17:16:59.159 > program error 13 in module PSKMinilog.LogQSO, State = 55: Type mismatch.
Just curious what I broke!
Wray AB4SF

ab4sf@...

No it does not Joe, already tried that.  Also tried a warm boot of the pc.  I'm sending Dave the error log now.  But...thanks for the thought!

Tom NS8K

Has there been any progress on this issue? Today I used WW for the first time and noticed when I keyed in a call, the QSO Info panel had blanks for at least these fields: CQ & ITU Zones, State, County, LoTW Membership, and ARRL Section.  Additionally, if I had worked the station before, Previous QSOs and Last were also blank.  In the title bar of WW it said Check error log...  If I click the Log button however, the QSO logs to DXKeeper.  I am running DXK, Commander and WW.

The last line of the error log file is "program error 13 in module PSKDDEClient.SearchComplete: Type mismatch

Before that last line are 18 lines of general information, starting with the WinWarbler version and ending with the monitor width, height and dimensions.

Program Versions are DXK ver 16.8.6 Commander 15.5.1 WW 9.5.6.

I reverted WW to ver 9.4.2 and all the above mentioned fields are populated when a new call is entered and no error log is generated.  I also reverted DXK to 16.7.5 with WW at 9.5.6 and the problem still existed.

I don't mean to hijack this thread.  The symptoms, while different, also have similarities.  Maybe they have a common cause.

Tom - NS8K

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Has there been any progress on this issue? Today I used WW for the first time and noticed when I keyed in a call, the QSO Info panel had blanks for at least these fields: CQ & ITU Zones, State, County, LoTW Membership, and ARRL Section. Additionally, if I had worked the station before, Previous QSOs and Last were also blank. In the title bar of WW it said Check error log... If I click the Log button however, the QSO logs to DXKeeper. I am running DXK, Commander and WW.

The last line of the error log file is "program error 13 in module PSKDDEClient.SearchComplete: Type mismatch

+ Please attach the errorlog.txt file from your WinWarbler folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ