WinWarbler Error on Callsign Entry

rcktscientist64

When I enter a callsign in WinWarbler and press tab, I get an error message and the callsign lookup fails.  The error message is:

"Unable perform callbook lookup via DXKeeper:  Foreign application won't perform DDE method or operation"

I am running Win 10 and using MS Defender. I have exceptions in Defender for all of the DXLab apps.  I also allow all of the DXLab app's through the firewall.

Any ideas where else I should look?

--
Bruce
K5WBM

When I enter a callsign in WinWarbler and press tab, I get an error message and the callsign lookup fails. The error message is:

"Unable perform callbook lookup via DXKeeper: Foreign application won't perform DDE method or operation"

I am running Win 10 and using MS Defender. I have exceptions in Defender for all of the DXLab apps. I also allow all of the DXLab app's through the firewall.

+ Have you loaded the most recent Defender virus definitions? If not, they are available via

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

+ If you have, or if doing so doesn't enable interoperation, please do the following as a diagnostic step:

1. boot Windows into "Safe mode with Networking"

2. start DXKeeper and WinWarbler

3. enter a callsign in WinWarbler, and then press the tab key

+ What happens?

rcktscientist64

Dave,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I have been out of the shack for a while.  I get the same response while booted in Safe Mode with networking.

In both cases, the lookup is successful on the 2nd attempt and subsequent attempts.

Bruce - K5WBM

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 7:33 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ OK. So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. Start DXKeeper

2. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

3. Terminate DXKeeper

4. Start WinWarbler

5. on the General tab of WinWarbler 's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

6. Terminate WinWarbler

7. Start DXKeeper, and wait for it to fully initialize

8. Start WinWarbler, and wait for it to fully initialize

9. Type my callsign into the Call box in the "QSO info" panel on WinWarbler's Main window, and strike the Enter key

10. Wait 1 minute

11. Type your callsign into the Call box in the "QSO info" panel on WinWarbler's Main window, and strike the Enter key

12. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

13. on the General tab of WinWarbler 's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

14. In your DXKeeper folder, rename the file Errorlog.txt to DXKeeperErrorlog.txt

15. In your WinWarbler folder, rename the file Errorlog.txt to WinWarblerErrorlog.txt

16. Attach the DXKeeperErrorlog.txt and WinWarblerErrorlog.txt files to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com