Topics

Winter field day

Robert galambos

While looking at dxkeeper in prep for wfd.  I did not find a drop down choice for wfd .

I did see fd option.

But The rules are different

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

While looking at dxkeeper in prep for wfd. I did not find a drop down choice for wfd .

I did see fd option.

But The rules are different

+ DXKeeper's "Contest ID" selector is prepopulated with the contest names specified in ADIF:

http://adif.org.uk/311/ADIF_311_annotated.htm#Contest_ID

+ but you can type in any "Contest ID" that you like.

+ Note that DXKeeper can only export a Cabrillo log for contests listed in the large table in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Contesting.htm

+ If you're serious about contesting, my advice is to log with N1MM. You can either export an ADIF file from N1MM at the end of the contest and import that file into DXKeeper, or you can employ the N1MM-DXKeeper gateway, which imports each QSO into DXKeeper as you log it in N1MM:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/index.htm

Ed W2LCQ

I find it very easy and convenient to create an N1MM+ ADIF after the contest and upload it to DXK. I haven’t tried the N1MM+ DXK gateway yet. I also export a Cabrillo file from N1MM+ and upload it to the contest administration.

73 de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

Frankford Radio Club
BUG 204 - TBDXC 1337 - CWops (Life) 701 - SKCC 5474T - FISTS 12294 - QCWA 33438 - LICWC (Life) 51 Instructor - ARRL - New York County (Manhattan) FN30AT DXCC WAS

The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ...Nicola Tesla

On Jan 12, 2021, at 12:11 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ The Gateway is intended for ops participating in a contest in order to work stations needed for award progress; the immediate logging to DXKeeper keeps DXLab's "need highlighting" accurate. However, the more of the Gateway's automation you enable -- lookup previous QSOs, query callbook, upload to Club Log, upload to eQSL, upload to LoTW - the longer it will take to log each QSO, which is not what you want if you're a serious contester focused on "rate". Your approach of exporting an ADIF file from N1MM after a contest is over and importing that ADIF file into DXKeeper is more appropriate for serious contesters.

Ed W2LCQ

Gotcha Dave. Thanks for the tutorial!

Ed

73 de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

Frankford Radio Club
BUG 204 - TBDXC 1337 - CWops (Life) 701 - SKCC 5474T - FISTS 12294 - QCWA 33438 - LICWC (Life) 51 Instructor - ARRL - New York County (Manhattan) FN30AT DXCC WAS

The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ...Nicola Tesla

On Jan 17, 2021, at 10:45 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
I find it very easy and convenient to create an N1MM+ ADIF after the contest and upload it to DXK. I haven’t tried the N1MM+ DXK gateway yet. I also export a Cabrillo file from N1MM+ and upload it to the contest administration.

+ The Gateway is intended for ops participating in a contest in order to work stations needed for award progress; the immediate logging to DXKeeper keeps DXLab's "need highlighting" accurate. However, the more of the Gateway's automation you enable -- lookup previous QSOs, query callbook, upload to Club Log, upload to eQSL, upload to LoTW - the longer it will take to log each QSO, which is not what you want if you're a serious contester focused on "rate". Your approach of exporting an ADIF file from N1MM after a contest is over and importing that ADIF file into DXKeeper is more appropriate for serious contesters.

Ron KU7Y

Here's another good reason to wait until after the contest is over to export you log to DXKeeper.

If you tend to make errors while in a contest, like I do, you now have to make the correction in the N1MM+ log AND go over to DXKeeper and make the same change there. That takes a lot more time.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211

BUG USERS #189

SKCC #4904

QRP ARCI #8829

SOC #2

Idaho DX Association

Ron@...

I find it very easy and convenient to create an N1MM+ ADIF after the contest and upload it to DXK. I haven’t tried the N1MM+ DXK gateway yet. I also export a Cabrillo file from N1MM+ and upload it to the contest administration.

+ The Gateway is intended for ops participating in a contest in order to work stations needed for award progress; the immediate logging to DXKeeper keeps DXLab's "need highlighting" accurate. However, the more of the Gateway's automation you enable -- lookup previous QSOs, query callbook, upload to Club Log, upload to eQSL, upload to LoTW - the longer it will take to log each QSO, which is not what you want if you're a serious contester focused on "rate". Your approach of exporting an ADIF file from N1MM after a contest is over and importing that ADIF file into DXKeeper is more appropriate for serious contesters.

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I agree. The safest way to go and easy too.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

[...]

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W