Topics

Which antivirus program works best with DXLab Suite

Steve, N5EP

Which (if any) antivirus/malware applications have been found to work the best with DXLab Suite, i.e., that both protect well and do not cause problems for DXLab Suite?

I finally got Norton Security Online to tolerate the DXLab Suite executables, but doing it required setting up scan exclusions for numerous exe, dll, and other files - several dozen in all - which was quite a pain.  At the end of the year my ISP will no longer provide Norton free to subscribers, so I'm thinking of switching to something else, and it would be nice to avoid repeating the hassle if that is even possible.

Thanks.

Steve, N5EP

Which (if any) antivirus/malware applications have been found to work the best with DXLab Suite, i.e., that both protect well and do not cause problems for DXLab Suite?

I finally got Norton Security Online to tolerate the DXLab Suite executables, but doing it required setting up scan exclusions for numerous exe, dll, and other files - several dozen in all - which was quite a pain. At the end of the year my ISP will no longer provide Norton free to subscribers, so I'm thinking of switching to something else, and it would be nice to avoid repeating the hassle if that is even possible.

+ I use the free version of AVG.

+ Occasionally, I direct MalwareBytes and SpytBot SD to scan my system; I do not leave MalwareBytes running in between scans.

neil_zampella

I've been using AVG for years, no problems.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 11/22/2020 1:27 PM, swpub via groups.io wrote:
Which (if any) antivirus/malware applications have been found to work the best with DXLab Suite, i.e., that both protect well and do not cause problems for DXLab Suite?

I finally got Norton Security Online to tolerate the DXLab Suite executables, but doing it required setting up scan exclusions for numerous exe, dll, and other files - several dozen in all - which was quite a pain.  At the end of the year my ISP will no longer provide Norton free to subscribers, so I'm thinking of switching to something else, and it would be nice to avoid repeating the hassle if that is even possible.

Thanks.

Steve, N5EP

BILL KENNAMER

I use Bitcefender. If it blocks something, it will tell you, and it can be switched on, at which point you won’t have a further problem.

On Sunday, November 22, 2020, 1:27 PM, swpub via groups.io <swpub@...> wrote:

Which (if any) antivirus/malware applications have been found to work the best with DXLab Suite, i.e., that both protect well and do not cause problems for DXLab Suite?

I finally got Norton Security Online to tolerate the DXLab Suite executables, but doing it required setting up scan exclusions for numerous exe, dll, and other files - several dozen in all - which was quite a pain.  At the end of the year my ISP will no longer provide Norton free to subscribers, so I'm thinking of switching to something else, and it would be nice to avoid repeating the hassle if that is even possible.

Thanks.

Steve, N5EP

Jackson McNees

Steve,

My computer had a hardware failure, so took to shop.  Talked to them about their experience with systems brought in that had virus problems.  The recommended using Windows Defender that comes with Windows.  That is what I have been using, it is free, and have had no problem interaction with DXLab.

73,

Jack, K4IJQ