VARA AC contacts

F.R. Ashley

I wonder what mode is being used to log VaraAC contacts?  Is an ADIF mode for it in the future?

73 Thanks Buddy

Joe Subich, W4TV

ADIF have standardized Mode=variable submode=VARAHF

On 2022-07-16 11:59 AM, F.R. Ashley wrote:
I wonder what mode is being used to log VaraAC contacts?  Is an ADIF mode for it in the future?
73 Thanks Buddy

I wonder what mode is being used to log VaraAC contacts? Is an ADIF mode for it in the future?

+ ADIF 3.1.3 added a new DYNAMIC mode, with 4 submodes:

VARA HF

VARA SATELLITE

VARA FM 1200

VARA FM 9600

+ DXKeeper version 16.6.5 added each of these to the Mode selectors in the Capture window and the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab:

VARA HF

VARA SATELLITE

VARA FM 1200

VARA FM 9600

+ See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/ReleaseNotes/1665.txt

+ These new modes are imported from and exported to ADIF and tab-delimited files as specified in ADIF 3.1.3.

+ Note that you have control over which modes appear in DXKeeper's Mode selectors:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SupportNewMode

Rick Murphy

Just to make it clear, if you're talking about VarAC  - that's an application, not a mode.

Having an ADIF mode for VarAC would be equivalent to having an ADIF mode for WSJT-X.
73,
    -Rick

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 1:26 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Rick Murphy, D. Sc., CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Bob WB2NVR

Hi Dave –

I changed the Mode for my VarAC contacts from DATA to VARA HF.

When I try to upload these Qs to LoTW, I get the following error:

TQSL Version 2.6.4 [v2.6.4]

Signing using Callsign WB2NVR, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Invalid MODE (DYNAMIC) on line 5

CALL: 4Z1AC

TIME_ON: 023036

QSO_DATE: 20220625

MODE: DYNAMIC

SUBMODE: VARA HF

BAND: 40M

FREQ: 7.105

PROP_MODE: F2

Invalid MODE (DYNAMIC) on line 6

CALL: 9A4BL

TIME_ON: 185900

QSO_DATE: 20220416

MODE: DYNAMIC

SUBMODE: VARA HF

BAND: 15M

FREQ: 21.141

BAND_RX: 15M

FREQ_RX: 21.141

PROP_MODE: F2

Invalid MODE (DYNAMIC) on line 38

CALL: W9TD

TIME_ON: 003204

QSO_DATE: 20220505

MODE: DYNAMIC

SUBMODE: VARA HF

BAND: 20M

FREQ: 14.10425

PROP_MODE: F2

Invalid MODE (DYNAMIC) on line 39

CALL: WD6BNY

TIME_ON: 011100

QSO_DATE: 20220427

MODE: DYNAMIC

SUBMODE: VARA HF

BAND: 40M

FREQ: 7.10425

BAND_RX: 40M

FREQ_RX: 7.10425

PROP_MODE: F2

No records to upload

Final Status: No QSOs written(8)

I checked, and I have TQSL Version 2.6.4, and Configuration Data Version 11.20, which are reported to be the latest available.

Will TQSL have to be updated so that Vara HF will be able to be uploaded to LoTW?

TNX ES 73,

Bob WB2NVR

Bob Schaps, WB2NVR

10 Club Pointe Drive

White Plains, NY  10605-4463

914-347-7331 (H/O)

914-262-3535  (C)

Joe Subich, W4TV

LotW does not currently accept "Dynamic" - you will need to
create a mode map in tQSL to map Dynamic to DATA in order to
upload those QSOs to LotW.

On 2022-07-17 11:18 AM, Bob WB2NVR wrote:
Hi Dave -
[...]

+ Step-by-step instructions are here:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/pref-adi/

Bob WB2NVR

Thanks Dave and Joe.

I thought that since ADIF was updated, LoTW would be updated as well.

No problem, I can wait.

73,
Bob WB2NVR