Using Commander with SatPC32

KD7YZ Bob

Try as I may, I can't get SatPC32 to talk to Commander ... see screenshot.

I re-started both Commander then SatPC32 ... no error ... just that
Pressing "Connect" has no effect.

I searched for an address setting for the DDE to SatPC32 but never found
one.

Bob KD7YZ

Try as I may, I can't get SatPC32 to talk to Commander ... see screenshot.

+ Attachments are not conveyed by this group.

I re-started both Commander then SatPC32 ... no error ... just that Pressing "Connect" has no effect.

I searched for an address setting for the DDE to SatPC32 but never found one.

+ Have you stepped through the instructions in " Interoperating with the SatPC32 Satellite Tracking Application"?

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SatelliteTracking

KD7YZ Bob

On 3/15/2021 14:22, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
+ Have you stepped through the instructions in " Interoperating with
the SatPC32 Satellite Tracking Application"?

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SatelliteTracking
yes, and with the embedded link
http://www.dk1tb.de/IC9700_Setup.pdf

and following those directions to select the lower of two "Usb Ports"

I use Port 12
Silicon Labs Dual CP2105 USB to UART Bridge: Enhanced COM Port 12

every single time SatPC32 starts, I see two consecutive error nags,
hidden UNDER the SatPC32 main window.

These two tell me that Com 6 and C0m 5 are not reachable.

I don't have Com 5 or 6 written into Satpc32 Settings/Radio
Com Port box.

My Silicon Labs, seen in DevMan, are ports 12 and 13.

I have 12 typed into that box.

I have re-started SatPc32 a half-dozen times and the nag keeps appearing
that I have port 6 typed in .. or indicating that I do

Bob KD7YZ

KD7YZ Bob

It seems my Yaesu FT450D is using the Silicon Labs ports 12/13

The Ic-910H is thru a single USB cable to port 3

Using Port three in SatPC32 allows SatPC32 to communicate with the IC-910H .

However, DxLabs Commander does not see Port 3 due to the conflict of
Commander/SatPc32/Ic910H all trying to use Com3.

Bob KD7YZ

It seems my Yaesu FT450D is using the Silicon Labs ports 12/13

The Ic-910H is thru a single USB cable to port 3

Using Port three in SatPC32 allows SatPC32 to communicate with the IC-910H .

However, DxLabs Commander does not see Port 3 due to the conflict of Commander/SatPc32/Ic910H all trying to use Com3.

+ On Commander's Configuration window's Ports tab, clear the "Primary CAT Serial Port" panel's Port# selector by selecting the blank entry at the top of the list of entries. Commander does not communicate with your radio when interoperating with SatPC32.