Topics

User Defined Controls with Multi Radio Set Up

Scott

I've configured both my IC 7300 and FT 891 as Multi Radios in Commander. It was simple enough to do. I haven't found a way to have User Defined Profiles for each radio when I switch back and forth. The only solution I can think of is to hit 'Alt' and use those additional User-defined Controls for the FT 891. Is there another way?

Thanks,
Scott KN3A

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I've configured both my IC 7300 and FT 891 as Multi Radios in Commander. It was simple enough to do. I haven't found a way to have User Defined Profiles for each radio when I switch back and forth. The only solution I can think of is to hit 'Alt' and use those additional User-defined Controls for the FT 891. Is there another way?

+ Yes: specify a "user-defined control set" for each primary transceiver; see the 4th paragraph in the "Primary CAT Port Switching" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/ControllingMultipleRadios.htm#User-defined%20Control%20Set>

Dave, AA6YQ

Scott

Thanks Dave. I think I got it pretty close. I know the HEX for the 7300 is 94, however I'm not sure what to put in for they Yaesu 891. I have the User-Defined Control set working on the 7300. 

Thanks again!
73 Scott
KN3A

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
Thanks Dave. I think I got it pretty close. I know the HEX for the 7300 is 94, however I'm not sure what to put in for they Yaesu 891. I have the User-Defined Control set working on the 7300. 

+ Only Icom transceivers have a CI-V address. It's not necessary to specify one for other manufacturer's models like your Yaesu FT-891.

Dave, AA6YQ