Topics

User Defined Controls with Multi Radio Set Up

Scott

I've configured both my IC 7300 and FT 891 as Multi Radios in Commander. It was simple enough to do. I haven't found a way to have User Defined Profiles for each radio when I switch back and forth. The only solution I can think of is to hit 'Alt' and use those additional User-defined Controls for the FT 891. Is there another way?

Thanks,
Scott KN3A

I've configured both my IC 7300 and FT 891 as Multi Radios in Commander. It was simple enough to do. I haven't found a way to have User Defined Profiles for each radio when I switch back and forth. The only solution I can think of is to hit 'Alt' and use those additional User-defined Controls for the FT 891. Is there another way?

+ Yes: specify a "user-defined control set" for each primary transceiver; see the 4th paragraph in the "Primary CAT Port Switching" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/ControllingMultipleRadios.htm#User-defined%20Control%20Set>

Scott

Thanks Dave. I think I got it pretty close. I know the HEX for the 7300 is 94, however I'm not sure what to put in for they Yaesu 891. I have the User-Defined Control set working on the 7300.

Thanks again!
73 Scott
KN3A

Thanks Dave. I think I got it pretty close. I know the HEX for the 7300 is 94, however I'm not sure what to put in for they Yaesu 891. I have the User-Defined Control set working on the 7300.

+ Only Icom transceivers have a CI-V address. It's not necessary to specify one for other manufacturer's models like your Yaesu FT-891.